2008/03/22

Describe and comment on your career progression to date

By the time I graduated from university, I decided to be a salesperson as the first job in my career because there are many CEOs started their career of being salesperson. My strengths were interpersonal skills and knowledge of information management. My philosophy was that I can grow up faster than others in software industry by utilizing my IT background. Actually, my theory did realize and the most important skill I have learned was strategic selling. I have been able to sell solutions requiring approval from multiple decision makers and provide consulting services in a role of resources vendor. Because I maneuvered sales skills to close new customers and sell new products, I was selected as The Best Contributed Associate for 2005. Moreover, my marketing knowledge and first hand information from customers also helped business unit to formulate marketing strategy. After few years, I was promoted as product market development supervisor in 2007.

As a supervisor, my goal was to build up distributor network and expand marketing share. That was the whole new business model for my company because we got used to sell directly to our customers. Therefore, I had to pick up the knowledge of channel management skills faster than other competitors. In order for me to become a suitable supervisor, I consulted many business partners who ever practiced successful distributor model. In 2007, although we have great progress than before, the distributor rule still needs to be improved. This year, our strategy was to educate distributors how to promote our system and services in specific industry. As accumulating industries know-how, we can accelerate selling, duplicate success, and expand marketing share.

No comments: